Friday, October 7, 2011

Blogging, Round Two (or 4?)

I've tried to blog, I really have. At the end of my workday, it's tough. Maybe this is something I should write while I'm drinking my cup of coffee (although then I can't guarantee it's going to be in English).

I had a really cool thought today. I was trying to figure out why there weren't more resources for women in business. Not so much the formal, pay-to-attend conferences or networks, but just groups of women helping women. For that matter, groups of friends helping friends. In my immediate group, there are women older than me and women younger than me, and we're all in varying stages of our careers. We all have insight to offer to one another, yet we don't. We complain about the most mundane things when what we should do is talk about our lives, our livelihoods, and our futures. So fine, here it is, my first attempt to facilitate a network of people (because, unfortunately, I have to include the boys, lol) to talk all things business and/or livelihood related. My hope is to eventually graduate to virtual book clubs and discussion boards on the Facebook page, but for now I'm going to start with some ideas, tips and blogging. I guess it's just one step at a time and refine the way I do this as I go along. Thanks for reading; feel free to check out the Facebook page "Confessions of a Sales Diva" and join if the mood strikes!

No comments: